Welcome to Bucktown
A trendy, artistic neighborhood filled with restaurants and local entertainment
Bucktown, in Chicago, IL., is west of Lincoln Park and north of Wicker Park in Chicago. This eclectic location is now one of the trendiest, most desired neighborhoods in Chicago.
Bucktown boasts a lower population density than the rest of Chicago due to the abundance of low-rise buildings and single-family homes, making it an excellent choice for families. The historic brownstone buildings are mixed with brick and stone mansions, artist lofts, and other single-family houses. Bucktown is located near many highly desired parks, such as Lincoln Park and Wicker Park. For those looking to stay connected to the rest of the city, Bucktown boasts easy access to transportation that Chicago is famous for. Bucktown is serviced by many bus lines, including 76 Diversey, 74 Fullerton, and 73 Armitage, all connecting to the Red Line. The Blue Line also services the area, directly connecting the neighborhood to O’Hare International Airport for easy jet setting.
Bucktown has evolved into a trendy haven for working professionals and young families wanting a lively neighborhood filled with great restaurants and shopping. Murals, late-night enclaves, and theater are a few options that make Bucktown an increasingly coveted location in Chicago. Although connected to excellent public transportation, Bucktown is easily walkable and has access to many desired amenities, from grocery stores to restaurants to parks and schools.
What to Love
- Low population density and unique architecture
- Well-connected to other areas of the city with public transit
- Great walkability
- Artistic vibe with great restaurants, art, and music venues
- Located near Wicker Park and Lincoln Park
Bucktown is known for its artistic, trendy ambiance. Late-night bars boast carefully curated snacks, cocktail menus, and live music that trails long into the evening. While walking home from the venue, patrons can gaze at the beautiful murals and window shop unique boutique stores. During the day, brunch, vintage shopping, and farmers markets provide an eclectic day out. Beyond the immediate amenities, Bucktown is close to other desired neighborhoods, like Lincoln Park, and is well connected to the rest of the city. Residents may choose to have a local night or hop on the bus for a night out in downtown Chicago.
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
There is no shortage of unique, eclectic dining, entertainment, and shopping options in Bucktown. For a unique evening filled with fun, food, and cocktails, residents can head to Club Lucky, known for its giant martinis. Club Lucky boasts a traditional Italian menu, served in a classic 1940s dance hall and complete with family-style dining. Bucktown isn’t all about the nightlife, though. Any city dweller knows the importance of brunch, and Bucktown delivers with the Bongo Room. Located in nearby Wicker Park, the Bongo Room is known for delicious breakfast and brunch options.
Of course, pizza is king in Chicago, and Bucktown and its neighboring locals have their share of lovely pizza options. Paradise Park boasts creative pies with a fun, lighthearted patio sure to bring out the kid in anyone. With an intriguing cocktail menu, pizza is also getting a trendy twist in this artistic neighborhood. For those who prefer craft brews to cocktails, Piece Pizza and Brewing, in nearby Wicker Park, has a wide selection of brews to go with their pies. For a fun and lively experience, residents can head to Big Star in Wicker Park for tacos, tequila-inspired cocktails, and an upbeat atmosphere.
Things to Do
Cooking at home can be just as rewarding as exploring the local food scene in Bucktown. On Sundays, residents can stroll to the Wicker Park Sunday Farmers Market. This gorgeous farmers market features luscious, fresh produce, handmade pastries, pasta, bread, drinks, and more. Residents can enjoy a relaxing day in the park, hunting for exclusive, organic ingredients for their next get-together.
After gathering ingredients at the farmers market, residents can enjoy a leisurely walk or bike ride with the family along The 606. This converted rail trail boasts elevated walking and biking paths that create opportunities for the whole family to enjoy.
Bucktown is serviced by Chicago Public Schools and includes many public and private options. Students may attend:
Our Favorites spots in Bucktown
1. Credo Beauty: From the same owner’s as Sephora, Credo focuses on clean natural beauty and skincare.
2. Ipsento 606: Ipsento is all about the experience of a coffee that builds a collective community. Marissa stops in to grab a cardamon rose latte with oat milk.
3. Oak + Fort: A fashion brand for women and men who seek everyday essentials reimagined with a modern minimalist approach.
4. Oromo Cafe Bucktown: Artisanal lattes with exotic flavors, health-conscious baked goods, and cafe fare in a hip space.
5. Gigi’s Chicago: American comfort food, with a Latin flare. The open kitchen gives you a real mom’s home-cooked meal making you feel right at home.
6. Club Lucky: A locally owned and run restaurant featuring delicious traditional Italian food with a juke box. Lexi grew up going to this restaurant weekly!
7. Mable’s Table: Inventive takes on classic American cooking are offered with a full bar in a brick-lined cottage.
8. Pavilion Antiques: Pavilion is the collective vision of Deborah Colman and Neil Kraus, both graduates of the master of fine arts program at the Art Institute of Chicago. They source furniture and design work in France and Italy, to sell items unique to Chicago.
9. The 606: Sharon loves to look at the architecture from different perspectives and this converted train line trail is a great way to start her day. She especially loves the NY High Line and the 606 was a great way to take a piece of NY to her home in Chicago.
10. P.45: Trendy retailer with a hip vibe offering women's brand-name apparel, accessories, shoes, and jewelry.
Property for Sale in Bucktown
Bucktown homes for sale
Bucktown condos for sale
Property for Sale near Bucktown
Gold Coast Homes for Sale
Lincoln Park Homes for Sale
Search All Homes